Monday, November 17, 2008
Prayer

We had this wonderful prayer in our liturgy on Sunday.

We prayed this collectively as a church body after having read the 10 commandments together, and then knelt and confessed our sins privately.

Take a moment to pray this prayer with other Christian brothers and sisters around the world!

O God of grace, You have imputed my sin to my substitute, and have imputed His righteousness to me, clothing me with a bridegroom's robe, decking me with jewels of holiness. But in my Christian walk, I am still in rags; my best prayers are stained with sin; my penitential tears are so much impurity; my confessions of wrong are so many aggravations of sin. I need to repent of my repentance; I need my tears to be washed; I have no robe to bring to cover my sins, no loom to weave my own righteousness; I am always standing clothed in filthy garments, and by grace am always receiving change of raiment, for You justify the ungodly. Grant me never to lose sight of the exceeding sinfulness of sin, the exceeding righteousness of salvation, the exceeding glory of Christ, the exceeding beauty of holiness, and the exceeding wonder of grace! Amen

  posted at 4:23 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Us


Name:
Randy & Kristin Willingham

Our Complete Profile

Food For Thought
"A Christian is a temporal saviour. He feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, and visits the widow and orphan in their distress."
~ John Flavel

Some Heavenly Bread
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
~ Psalm 34:8

Our Favorite Links
  • Heritage Presbyterian
  • Alistair Begg
  • Michael Horton
  • R.C. Sproul
  • Dutcher Family
  • Monergism

  • For Your Reading
  • The Gospel-Driven Life
  • The Prodigal God
  • Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands
  • All Things for Good
  • A Severe Mercy
  • The Barren Fig Tree
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart
  • What is a Healthy Church Member

  • Next Books On Our List