Saturday, December 6, 2008
My Times Are In Your Hands (part 2)
Part 2 of Alistair Begg's reminder to Christians that in times of great uncertainty, we need to know that our lives are governed and ruled by the LORD Himself. We don't live by chance or blind fate! You can rest in that.

His thoughts come from Psalm 31. This is his second of nine reminders that "our times are in His hands." You can listen to Alistair Begg's sermons by clicking this link: www.truthforlife.org.

Have a good weekend!

In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands.
- Psalm 31: 1-2,14-15


2) I am not tossed about on the ocean of chance.
In the movie Dead Poets Society, Robin Williams’ character reports the successes of his past students and tells his current students to do their best in the moment that they have.

In one sense, that is a very fine piece of advice— it is important to make good use of our time. The underlying notion, though, is that we must make good use of our time because yesterday’s time is gone and there may be no tomorrow.

Do you ever get that sense? The Christian must respond by saying, "My times are in your hands. I’m not trapped by blind faith, and I am not tossed around on the sea of chance."

  posted at 10:34 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Us


Name:
Randy & Kristin Willingham

Our Complete Profile

Food For Thought
"A Christian is a temporal saviour. He feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, and visits the widow and orphan in their distress."
~ John Flavel

Some Heavenly Bread
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
~ Psalm 34:8

Our Favorite Links
  • Heritage Presbyterian
  • Alistair Begg
  • Michael Horton
  • R.C. Sproul
  • Dutcher Family
  • Monergism

  • For Your Reading
  • The Gospel-Driven Life
  • The Prodigal God
  • Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands
  • All Things for Good
  • A Severe Mercy
  • The Barren Fig Tree
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart
  • What is a Healthy Church Member

  • Next Books On Our List